Sunday 7 June 2015

Day 1 - Lands' End to Fowey



We slept overnight in St Just. A delayed breakfast as the pub/B&B had just changed hands and weren't used to a 7.30 start. All awash with bits of stuff our pockets, day bags, overnight bag. What clothes? What drink? What snacks? Then we were off! A short ride from St Just to Lands' End. 
Bizarrely, there's a theme park at the entrance. However, at 9, nobody had arrived and we all posed in front of the classic signpost. 

Road kill 1 hedgehog, 2 rabbits
Highpoint - strawberries at feed station (also, Fowey was beautiful in the evening light)
Lowpoint - I cycled on missing the lunch stop and re-did a hill 3 times until I found my group
Distance - should have been just below 70 but did a bit extra!




4 comments:

  1. Well done for starting the blog! And well done for starting the ride :-)

    I assume it was Vajrin that re-climbed the hill 3 times. No lunch - I could not be doing with that!

    You have both inspired Karen and myself to cycle to Keynsham and back on Saturday - was surprised to see that is just under 20 miles. A drop in the ocean compared to what you are both doing, but it's a start!

    Good Luck!

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cycle of a 1000 miles begins with a single revolution...

      Delete
  2. Well done guys not far to go now. I'm off to Berlin tomorrow - by bike of course. Steve saved me with a shirt today. Presenting to 100 people x- chested would not have been popular xxx

    ReplyDelete